To activate International Bird Rescue for emergency oiled wildlife response or an oil spill drill, call +1 (888) 447-1743 to reach the Duty Manager (no other inquiries, please).
International Bird Rescue has helped to manage over 200 marine oil spills throughout the world, many in remote places such as the Pribilof and Aleutian Islands of Alaska, remote fjords of Norway and World Heritage sites such as the Galapagos Islands and has worked with a multitude of threatened and endangered animals.
International Bird Rescue maintains a world-class oiled wildlife response team comprised of emergency managers, wildlife rehabilitation specialists, biologists, veterinarians and field specialists capable of managing all aspects of an oiled wildlife response including:
- initial wildlife impact assessment with trustee agencies and RP;
- oiled wildlife facility design and operation;
- overall management of rehabilitation program;
- coordination of local wildlife rehabilitators;
- management of field collection of wildlife;
- veterinary medical evaluation, triage, monitoring and treatment;
- wildlife dietary planning, preparation, support;
- pre-release medical/physical evaluations;
- release and post-release studies (when applicable);
- volunteer/work force recruitment, training, and management;
- public affairs and media contact;
- documentation and cost tracking.