International Bird Rescue is excited to announce the election of two new members to its Board of Directors. The newly elected Board members are Elizabeth Kinney and Dave Westerholm.
“I am pleased to welcome our two newest members to the Board of Directors,” said JD Bergeron, Bird Rescue’s Executive Director. “They both bring a unique background and diverse experiences that make them an asset to the Board and to the organization as a whole.”
Elizabeth Kinney leads communications across Procter & Gamble’s (P&G) North America Home Care business, which includes brands such as Dawn, Cascade, Swiffer and Febreze. She has spent the past nine years at P&G, working across the company in a variety of roles, including corporate media, sustainability, Fabric Care communications, and on P&G’s ‘Thank You Mom’ program. She has a Bachelor’s degree from DePauw University in Indiana, and a Masters in Strategic Communications from American University in Washington, D.C. She is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her husband, Doug.
Dave Westerholm is currently consulting having recently retired from NOAA where he served over 11 years as a Senior Executive and Director of the Office of Response and Restoration. He led national operational programs in Emergency Response, Marine Debris, Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA) and Disaster Preparedness. Prior to NOAA, he had 5 years of corporate experience as Senior Operations Director and Vice President with Anteon and General Dynamics, where he managed portfolios in Maritime Security, IT, Policy and Communications. He is a retired Coast Guard Captain with over 27 years of experience in a variety of fields including maritime safety, port security and environmental protection with his last assignment being Coast Guard’s Chief of Response. He also served as Vice Chair of the National Response Team and Chair of several interagency and industry partnerships focused on emergency response and oil and hazardous material spill research. He holds a science degree from Temple University and a Masters from the University of Michigan.
Bird Rescue’s 2020 Board of Directors is:
- Toni Arkoosh Pinsky; Board Chair; Community Leader
- John Sifling; Vice Chair & Treasurer; Principal, Broad Reach Maritime, U.S. Coast Guard Retired
- Ron Morris; Secretary & Immediate Past Chair; U.S. Coast Guard Retired
- Carmine Dulisse; President & CEO, Marine Spill Response Corporation (MSRC)
- Elizabeth Kinney; Procter & Gamble NA
- Dr. Maria Hartley; Chevron; Adjunct Professor, Rice University
- Dr. Ian Robinson; Retired Veterinarian
- Beth Slatkin; Director of Marketing and Outreach, Bay Nature
- Dave Westerholm; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Retired