Job: Accounting and Development Assistant
Reports to: Finance & Administration Director/Philanthropy Manager
Status: Full-time (40 hours), Non-exempt
Location: Fairfield, California
About the Position
This position reports to two departments.
As the Accounting Assistant (approximately 40%), you are responsible for processing and managing the organization’s payroll and accounts payables. Other general accounting duties include account reconciliation, data entry, and filing. To be successful, you must be organized, able to work independently, have excellent computer skills, and a basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping.
As the Development Assistant (approximately 60%), you are responsible for data entry of donations in a timely and accurate fashion, as well as generating donor acknowledgements and thank you letters. Other development duties include generating reports and mailing lists, bank deposits, general data entry, filing, and clerical duties.
Interaction with vendors, donors, and customers also requires good communication skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Direct hands-on experience with ADP preferred, although experience with a similar payroll program will be considered.
- Working experience with QuickBooks or comparable accounting software required.
- Strong computer skills in general. Proficient in data entry and spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets) and comfortable learning new software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with database software desired, donor or client management software a plus.
- Able to work accurately with numbers and data.
At least two years of payroll processing and general accounting/bookkeeping experience required.
High school diploma.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office.
- Contact with the public in office environments may risk exposure to contagious diseases or contact with wild birds.
Compensation, Benefits and Start Date
This full-time position offers a competitive hourly rate with a range of $19 to $25 per hour commensurate with experience, a collaborative work environment, and a benefits package based on hours worked as described in the Employee Handbook. The position is open immediately.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to nancy at birdrescue.org
Please DO NOT call the clinic in reference to this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
About International Bird Rescue — www.birdrescue.org
International Bird Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that specializes in the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured, and contaminated aquatic birds. Our mission is to inspire people to act towards balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis. Our two wildlife centers in CA treat 3,500-6,000 patients per year.