Job: Bookkeeper / Data Entry Assistant
Reports to: Finance & Administration Lead
Status: Part-time (24hrs), Non-exempt
Location: Fairfield, CA
About International Bird Rescue
International Bird Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that specializes in the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured, and contaminated aquatic birds. Our mission is to inspire people to act towards balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis. Between our two wildlife centers in San Pedro and Fairfield, CA, we treat approximately 3,500 patients per year. We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a part-time Bookkeeper/Data Entry Assistant at our Fairfield center to assist and support our finance and fundraising goals.
About the Position
As the Bookkeeper/Data Entry Assistant, you are responsible for processing accounts payables and receivables, bank deposits, and filing and record-keeping for our merchandise, computer inventory, and paper files. You are also responsible for processing all types of donor gifts and maintaining donor databases and records. To do this role properly you must be organized, able to work independently, have excellent computer skills, and basic knowledge of accounting principles. Interaction with vendors and customers also requires good communication skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Working experience with QuickBooks (desktop and online versions) highly preferred, or comparable accounting software required.
- Proficient in data entry and spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets) and willing to learn more advanced skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams and provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Strong computers skills in general, proficient or advanced skills with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and comfortable learning new software (Basecamp, Box, Blackbaud, RE:NXT, etc.).
- Able to accurately work with numbers and data.
- Interest in wildlife, the environment, and the outdoors is a plus.
- 1-2 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Nonprofit experience is a plus.
High school diploma.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office.
- Contact with the public in office environments may risk exposure to contagious diseases, or contact with wild birds.
Most of the work for this position can be done remotely during COVID-19, with occasional work being done on-site at our Fairfield center. This position will be fully on-site once health authorities no longer recommend telecommuting due to the pandemic.
Compensation, Benefits, and Start Date
This part-time position offers a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package based on hours worked as described in the Employee Handbook. The position is open immediately.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/company/International-Bird-Rescue/jobs/Bookkeeper-Data-Entry-Assistant-1678b568c39fb45b?fccid=ee4fae362587a961&vjs=3
Please DO NOT call the clinic in reference to this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.