Job: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Status: Full-time (40 hours), Non-exempt
Location: Fairfield, CA, Northern California (hybrid options available
About the Position
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of the donor database
system including gift entry, donor acknowledgements, reconciliation, and reporting. This
position will support activities related to the agency’s annual giving program, including
supporting the stewardship and development of relations with former, current, and
potential individual and corporate donors. Additional activities include workplace giving
outreach and support for fundraising campaigns. This position will also assist with donor
recognition, special events, coordinating in-kind donations, and assisting the Director of
Philanthropy with projects outlined in the Fund Development plan. As a member of the
Philanthropy team, this person plays a significant role in accomplishing the goals of the
department and supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of International Bird Rescue.
- Gift processing, reconciliation, and reporting
- Donor acknowledgements and stewardship
- Donor development
- Respond to donor calls and emails with questions about their donations
- As workload allows, grow a portfolio of individual donors
Fundraising Campaigns and Annual Giving Program
- E-mail solicitations, donor appeals, bulk mailings, etc.
- Assist with pre-event, day-of logistics and post event follow-up for special events
- As needed, work with event vendors and consultants
Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience with donor engagement principles and practices; Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Extensive skills in database management, CRM, Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred; also Google Workspace/Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, accurately, and in a collaborative team
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Organizational and project/time management skills
- Due to the nature of this public-facing position, the following interpersonal skills are desired:
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to connect with colleagues, donors, and volunteers
- Maintains a professional appearance and work ethic
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of leadership and management
Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, donor stewardship, and database management.
This is a position in an animal care facility. While performing the duties of this position the employee will be exposed to odors, noise, and in the vicinity of a variety of wild birds and hazardous material (such as petroleum products during an oil spill). Employees may also be exposed to moving parts, radiography equipment, and there is a risk of potential exposure to zoonotic diseases.
In the event of an oil spill, this position may be asked to take on oil spill related duties outside of general business. In CA oil spills, this position may be put on the OWCN payroll and paid in accordance with OWCN approved rates. This will be done only with prior agreement with the CEO and the OWCN and you will be informed of those rates at the time of the spill.
This position requires hands-on work at our San Francisco Bay-Delta wildlife center located in Fairfield, CA, and has some flexibility for telecommuting with the understanding that facility needs supersede work-from-home privileges.
Compensation, Benefits, and Start Date
Hiring Range: $20.00 – $24.00 hourly; hiring immediately.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, variable schedule, a collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, health insurance, and other benefits. The position is open immediately. Please note that Bird Rescue has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy and all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
About International Bird Rescue — www.birdrescue.org
International Bird Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that specializes in the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured, and contaminated aquatic birds. Our mission is to inspire people to act towards balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis. Between our two wildlife centers in San Pedro and Fairfield, CA, we treat approximately 3,500 patients per year.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please DO NOT call the clinic in reference to this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.