Job: Donor Database Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Status: Full-time (40 hours), Non-exempt
Location: Fairfield, California
About the Position
The Donor Database Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of the donor database system including gift entry, donor acknowledgements, reconciliation, and reporting. This position will support activities related to the agency’s annual giving program, including supporting the stewardship and development of relations with former, current, and potential individual and corporate donors. Additional activities may include workplace giving outreach, and support for fundraising campaigns. This position will also assist with donor recognition, events, coordinating in-kind donations, and assisting the Director of Philanthropy with projects outlined in the Fund Development plan. As a member of the Philanthropy team, this person plays a significant role in accomplishing the goals of the department and supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of International Bird Rescue.
- Gift processing, reconciliation, and reporting
- Donor acknowledgements and stewardship
- Donor development
- Annual Giving Program – email solicitations, etc.
- Special events
- Other support tasks as needed
- Knowledge and experience with donor engagement principles and practices; Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Extensive skills in database management, CRM, Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred; also GoogleSuite/Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, accurately, and in a collaborative team
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Organizational and project/time management skills
- Due to the nature of this public-facing position, the following interpersonal skills are desired:
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to connect with colleagues, donors, and volunteers
- Maintains a professional appearance and work ethic
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of leadership and management
Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, donor stewardship, and database management.
This is a position in an animal care facility. While performing the duties of this position the employee will be exposed to odors, noise, and in the vicinity of a variety of wild birds and hazardous material (such as petroleum products during an oil spill). Employees may also be exposed to moving parts, radiography equipment, and there is a risk of potential exposure to zoonotic diseases.
In the event of an oil spill, this position may be asked to take on oil spill related duties outside of general business. In CA oil spills, this position may be put on the OWCN payroll and paid in accordance with OWCN approved rates. This will be done only with prior agreement with the CEO and the OWCN and you will be informed of those rates at the time of the spill.
This position is on-site at our SF Bay – Delta Area wildlife center located in Fairfield, CA,
but has some flexibility for telecommuting with the understanding that facility needs always supersede work-from-home privileges.
Compensation, Benefits, and Start Date
Hiring Range: $18.00 – $21.00 hourly; hiring immediately
About International Bird Rescue — www.birdrescue.org
Imagine a world in which every person, every day, takes action to protect the natural home of wildlife and ourselves. In 1971, after 800,000 gallons of crude oil spilled into San Francisco Bay, concerned individuals led by a registered nurse named Alice Berkner jumped into action, bringing International Bird Rescue to life. We have always had to pave a road where there is none. Staff and volunteers work with tenacity alongside clients, partners, and the public to find solutions. Today, we research best practices at our crisis response hospitals in California and Alaska and share them worldwide. Our mission is to inspire people to act toward balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please DO NOT call the clinic in reference to this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.