Job: Executive Assistant / Facilitator of Good Vibes
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Fairfield, CA
About International Bird Rescue – www.birdrescue.org
International Bird Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that specializes in the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured, and contaminated aquatic birds. Our mission is to inspire people to act towards balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis. Between our two wildlife centers in San Pedro and Fairfield, CA, we treat approximately 4,000 patients per year. We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a full-time Executive Assistant and Facilitator of Good Vibes at our Fairfield center to assist and support the Executive Director with administrative and other organizational office tasks.
- For an enterprising self-starter, this is a great opportunity to have variety in your work and never running out of things to do.
- You enjoy pacing yourself, and being of service to others in order to always find ways to make things better.
- You will learn and support many aspects of a non-profit and the different programs that make it function, from Development to Finance to Operations.
- You will support a high-functioning team working on complex issues in a unique industry working to save wildlife.
- You will gain experience supporting a top executive running a unique and dynamic non-profit with ties to many areas of industry.
- Be part of a diverse and fun team of people who care about birds and the natural world.
About the Position
As the Executive Assistant, your first and primary objective is to support a pioneering and creative Executive Director (ED) who equally loves detail and process as well as dreaming toward the expanded role that Bird Rescue wants to play in the world.
As Facilitator of Good Vibes, you are responsible for coordinating communication between departments and creating processes that drive effectiveness and boost team morale. You will be responsible for confidential, detail-oriented, and time-sensitive materials and tasks. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism. You will mostly manage business related tasks, such as maintaining the company fileshare, creating reports, organizing meetings, taking minutes, and other organizational tasks. To do this role properly, you should have a detailed understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and have experience as an executive or administrative assistant.
- Sense of humor, calm under pressure, and appreciation for candor are musts.
- Self-starter with a high degree of energy, excellent organizational skills, careful attention to detail, and an interest in process improvement.
- Creative problem-solving skills, comfort in a fast paced environment, and a deep commitment to the mission of International Bird Rescue.
- Beyond day-to-day support, you will have the opportunity to tackle special projects that reach across the globe.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams and provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Strong computer skills on both Mac and PC platforms, proficient or advanced skills with Microsoft Office and Google Suite (especially Docs, Sheets, and Calendar), and comfortable learning new software (Basecamp, Box, Blackbaud/Salesforce, WordPress, etc.).
- Deep comfort with telecommuting/video-conferencing tools, such as GoogleMeet, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance.
- Experience: Proven experience supporting a senior executive, or other relevant administrative support experience. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
High school diploma.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office.
- Contact with the public in office environments may risk exposure to contagious diseases, or contact with wild birds.
In the event of an oil spill, the Executive Assistant and Facilitator of Good Vibes may be asked to take on oil spill related duties outside of general office business. In CA oil spills, this position may be put on the OWCN payroll and paid in accordance with OWCN approved rates. This will be done only with prior agreement with the ED and the OWCN and you will be informed of those rates at the time of the spill.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This is a position in the office space of an animal care facility. While performing some duties of this position the employee may be exposed to odors, noise, and in the vicinity of a variety of wild birds and hazardous material (such as petroleum products during an oil spill).
This position is on-site at our Fairfield center, but has some flexibility for telecommuting during the COVID pandemic. This position will be fully on-site once health authorities no longer recommend telecommuting due to the pandemic.
Compensation, Benefits, and Start Date
This full-time position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, health insurance, and other benefits. The position is open immediately.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/executive-assistant-facilitator-good-juju-57a2edaaf1f9d0f2
Please DO NOT call the clinic in reference to this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information on this position: www.birdrescue.org