Job: Graphic Design Social Media Intern
Status: Part-time internship, flexible hours
Location: Hybrid, remote
The Social Media Intern will be responsible for assisting our Communications and Marketing efforts through key social media networks: Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), TikTok, and LinkedIn. The intern will research, plan, and execute strategy with the goal of building community awareness and engagement around Bird Rescue’s brand, mission, and services. This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates interested in gaining marketable skills and building a portfolio,while gaining industry exposure.
As a Bird Rescue intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team with deep experience and knowledge of sea and water birds. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including occasional bird releases, birdwalks, potlucks and team events.
- Build community interest and momentum through Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, LinkedIn and other social media channels by posting updates, engaging conversations and discussions, and increasing the number of followers
- Design educational infographics for print and social media
- Monitor, track and share insights into community audiences and online conversations
- Participate in building compelling social media campaigns to actively engage targeted communities
- Draft and edit content for online communications including newsletters and blog posts
- Research the social media landscape for successful approaches to social media
- Explore new online and social media tools and implement best practices
- Strong graphic design skills, portfolio required
- Skilled in Adobe apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experienced with Google Docs, Microsoft Office
- Team player, but also has the ability to work independently
- Gain experience at a unique environmental not-for-profit that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global and regional wildlife issues
- Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
- Network with other nonprofit professionals and volunteers in an open office environment
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Minimum 8 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 6 months.
About International Bird Rescue – www.birdrescue.org
Bird Rescue’s Mission: To mitigate the human impact on sea and water birds. This is achieved through emergency response and planning, wildlife rehabilitation, research and education.
Founded in 1971, International Bird Rescue is an experienced not-for-profit organization dedicated to mitigating the human impact on sea and water birds, worldwide. We do this through emergency response and planning, wildlife rehabilitation, research, and education. Whether our patients are oiled during a spill (e.g., Deepwater Horizon in 2010), orphaned by human encroachment on habitat, injured from fishing line, or struck by a car, we’re here to help!
Our core work is the rescue and rehabilitation of oiled, sick, injured, and orphaned sea and water birds, supported by a corps of impassioned volunteers. We manage two year-round aquatic bird rehab centers in California (Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay), as well as a wildlife response center in Alaska. Between our two wildlife centers in San Pedro and Fairfield, CA, we treat approximately 3,500 patients per year.
Interns may be eligible for reimbursement up to $500 per month for expenses related to the internship during this six month program.
Email your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (two pages max) with “Graphic Design Social Media Intern” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please, but please do not hesitate to contact us by email with further questions!
International Bird Rescue is committed to representing the diverse populations of bird lovers in the world. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization.
For more information, please visit: