Our long-time partner, Dawn Dish Soap is launching #DawnSavesWildlife Challenge: Minecraft lovers will compete to design the most creative wildlife environment for a chance to win prizes worth up to $30,000.
The focus of this initiative is to engage the younger generation with the hope that they will make caring for the environment and wildlife a priority in the years to come. Bird Rescue and Dawn Dish soap share a common goal to innovate, raise awareness, and protect the natural world and wildlife.
Minecraft is a popular video game where users create three-dimensional worlds using digital blocks. With two main modes, Survival and Creative, the purpose of the game is simply to build and explore. As of 2020, there are 131 million Minecraft users world-wide. See more about Minecraft
- Open to all 18 years old and above.
- Starting September 20th and running through October 17th, Minecraft players will have the opportunity to post video clips on Twitter of their best wildlife environment using the hashtag #DawnSavesWildLife.
- Each week of the challenge, three Alienware PCs to the top three creators of the most inspiring wildlife clips.
- At the end of the campaign, Oculus Rift Quest VR headsets will be raffled off to participants.
- For each clip submitted, Dawn will donate $5 to their non-profit partners the International Bird Rescue and The Marine Mammal Center